Analytics Engineer Job at Deezer – Paris 9e (75)
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service.
From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission – we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We’re all ears.
As part of the Operational Performance team, you will work with data analysts and data scientists on a mission to improve performance and decision-making across commercial, product and content topics.
You will be responsible for providing them with trusted data, innovative data solutions and collaborating with the central data team on high-impact, cross-functional projects aimed at scaling our data platform and operations.
What you will do :
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and the analysts’ needs
- Build and adopt software tools that help data scientists, analysts and business teams work more efficiently
- Collaborate closely with the central Data Engineering team to design & implement the best technical solutions
- Design & develop reliable data pipelines and be accountable for them
- Design & maintain easy to use data models, ensure their quality
- Maintain data models documentations & definitions available to all in our Data Catalog
- Produce and maintain documentation and tutorials
- Ensure data trainings for Data Analysts, developers and business users
- Mentor analysts and data scientists on best practices (e.g., building testing suites and CI pipelines); driving enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
- Participate in projects planning, standups and retrospectives
- Participate in the ideation process with our product managers & tech leaders
- Communicate proactively and manage technical issues
What we are looking for :
- 2 years experience as a data engineer, BI engineer, analytics engineer or any similar role
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data pipelines
- Proficient in SQL and with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, …
- DevOps : Docker, Ops, ETL/ELT
- Proficient in Python, Scala Spark is a plus
- Hands-on experience on cloud technologies is a plus (Ex. Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong engineering skills (code design and quality, tests, reviews, logging, monitoring, continuous integration)
- Passion for technology, industry research and solving business problems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: ability to interact with stakeholders with different levels of technical expertise
- Understanding of data management, data quality and data governance
- Ability to own and drive projects with a creative mindset
- Team player attitude
- Fluent in English
- Hunger for learning
- Affinity with the music industry
Life @ Deezer*
- Flexible working policy with up to 10 days/month remote work
- Home of music : deezer premium family subscription offered, opportunity to attend private artists sessions, amazing deezer parties for employees
- English or French language courses open to all
- Gymlib partnership + gym room and yoga/pilates classes on site
- Headquarters in the heart of Paris, at home vibe and rooftop with amazing city views
- Cafeteria stocked with free drinks and snacks daily and weekly casual drinks
- Hackathons & meetups
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Deezer –
Company Location: Paris 9e (75)