Head of People, France Job at Getir Job Openings – Paris (75)
Great tech companies are simply great people companies.
People create technology. People create unique business models that change our habits. People find ways to make those models sustainable and profitable. People develop different ways of implementing processes that differentiate you from the rest of the field, ultimately making the business a success. Great people have energy that transforms companies from a corporate entity to a people organisation with a mind, tone, and energy of its own. That’s what we strive for at Getir.
We’re Getir, the pioneers of super-fast grocery delivery. Close your eyes and imagine sandwiches, paper towels, ice-cold beer, diapers, and toothpaste delivered in an average of 10 minutes. That’s us. Moreover, we’re the first in the world to develop this unique business model. Over the years, we’ve perfected it, mastering the intricacies of super-fast grocery delivery.
To drive success in France, we aspire to build a people organisation that will take us to the next level, further raising our already-high bar. Business success can only be achieved through forming an organisation with the right people, and developing them in the right way. In that light, a Head of People for Getir France is imperative.
What You’ll Do At Getir
- Build and develop the French people organisation at Getir: the basis in People ops and Payroll have been laid down, and we’re now looking for a leader to develop processes and help elevate the team!
- Be the human leader that people look up to. Everybody in the organisation should be able to reach out to you.
- Adapt our current way of going about People affairs to the French market. Adapt, but keep some ingredients of our distinctive people recipe.
- Put on your business hat as well, taking part in discussions and decision-making about the business. Never take your people hat off, but do wear other hats and contribute to the overall success of the business.
- 10+ years of experience in ‘Human Resources’ in France. We don’t call it HR because we view humans as humans, not resources. We’re not coal or electricity. We’re complex, unique, and awesome. Work experience overseas is a plus, not a requirement.
- A frustration with how HR is typically done, and a proven record of doing it differently, to both suit the needs of the people and the bottom line of the business.
- A bias for action, whether it’s rolling up your sleeves and doing hands on recruiting, taking care of the monthly payroll because your payroll expert is on vacation, or getting into the details of a potential conflict and taking on the role of judge when objectively resolving an internal conflict. Yes, we have conflicts at times, but we’re quick when it comes to solving them!
- Cultivate an excellent culture that people will want to be a part of, not by conducting culture workshops and engineering culture, but by bringing on genuinely good people and leading by example. It’s what we do, especially when it comes to the small things. These are the make it or break it things when it comes to company culture. Try to excel everyday, but recognise that we’re not perfect either.
- Patience and resilience. We’ll be a young startup and some of those initiatives you’ve got planned may have to wait. Resilience because startups are challenging places where things come out of left field. In our six years, we’ve constantly overcome these, and will continue to do so.
- A desire to work in a revolutionary people-first, everything-else-second startup that is revolutionising how people shop for their groceries and beyond.
- Business-Fluent in French and English
- The rare chance to work in a vibrant and inspiring culture and develop your commercial skills for the digital future of retail
- Generous compensation package designed to reward your commitment to the growth of Getir
- Career development opportunities. We really mean it when we say this. Upward and sideways mobility are some of our favorite terms.
Diversity makes us stronger. Our diverse cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, values, abilities, and lifestyles help us learn from each other. We’re proud to strive for a genuinely diverse and inclusive workplace. We know we can do better though. That’s why we hire and promote people with equity and equality in mind.
We will process your personal data as part of our recruitment procedures. To find out more, please consult our Candidate Privacy Notices.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Getir Job Openings –
Company Location: Paris (75)